Apply for Your Child Today!
In an effort to contribute to and support parents of children with developmental and/or learning disabilities we are happy to announce our bi-annual Young Learners Scholarship Award.
Parenting is difficult enough but when you add in factors such as caring for and parenting a child with learning or developmental disabilities, it becomes more than parenting. It almost becomes a full time job and often times can put a financial strain on parents. For this reason, we’re working to support deserving parents. Participation in our online pizza hut coupon promotions or card linked offers or any other available programs is not required.
Free to Apply!
- Be the parent of a child with developmental or learning disability
- Be the parent of a child age 5 – 18
- For younger children, they must have been in “little school” for at least 1 calendar year
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Parent(s) may not have a combined income of higher than $125,000
Select a topic you’re comfortable writing about. This will make preparation easier for you. All applicants must write an essay based on one of the following topics:
- Describe an event where you child impressed you beyond expectation and why?
- Explain something you’ve done to benefit your child that you know will always stick with them and why?
- Why do you believe your child deserves the upcoming award?
- Who is your child’s idol and why is this person / character impressing upon him or her?
- What is the best method in your opion to handle having just learned your child has a learning disability or developmental disorder?
Submissions Must Include the Following
- Type written
- Single spaced
- 12 – 14 font size
- 800 to 2,500 words in length
- Grammatically correct
How to Apply
Applying is simple. Review the requirements in detail. Prepare your essay. Then submit your essay to us at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The week after the deadline for applications is when we identify winners and notify you by email. At this time we will give you instructions for obtaining your award.
How Winning Applicants Are Selected
The winners will be chosen based on their individual submissions. The quality of your essay is also a factor.
Recognition and Winner Acknowledgment
Winner’s will be notified through email and provided instructions on receiving the award. Upon successful confirmation, awards will be mailed to awardees via U.S. postal service.
- May 8th, 2017
- November 15th, 2017
- May 8th, 2018
- November, 15th 2018
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions
How many winners will there be?
There is no limit on the number of winners. The number of selected applicants will depend on each application we receive and available funding.
Can I submit more than once?
Yes. Up to 2 entries per year. One for each cycle.
Can my essay have anything attached?
Yes. Feel free to include up to 2 additional pages if you like etc.
What if I don’t have an email address because I don’t have an account?
Email is required. Yahoo and Gmail are two free providers. Create your free email account now in order to participate.